The following Scholarship and financial Assistance are awarded to the deserving students by the Govt.
1. Junior College Merit Scholarship (JM) :
- It is awarded on the basis of merit to students passing the Annual H. S. C. Examination with 60% or more marks and have taken admission in +2 Ist Year in any Govt./recognized NonGovt College of the State.
- The value of the scholarship amount is Rs. 40 per month. It is awarded for a period of 2 years. The Common Application form for award of scholarship (CAFAS) should be used for applying.
2. Junior Merit-Cum- Poverty Scholarship. (J.P.)
- This is awarded to the students of +2 1st year classes, whose parents income does not exceed Rs. 24,000/- per annum. The value of the scholarship amount is Rs. 40 per month. It is awarded for a period of 2 years. The student should have secured 50% or more marks in (HSC/CBSE/ICSE) to apply. AFAS should be used for applying.
3. Senior College Merit Scholarship.(SM) :
- The Senior College Merit Scholarship amounts to Rs. 50 per month and it is awarded to students securing more than 60% of marks in aggregate without extra optional and passing the annual CHSE Examination of the State and have taken admission in +3 Ist yr. in any Govt/recognized Non-Govt. College of the State. It is awarded for a period of 3 yrs. CAFAS should be used for applying.
4. Scholarships to Children of Primary / Secondary School Teachers (STC) :
The students who are children of Primary and Secondary School teachers, who have passed securing 60% or more of marks in the aggregate at the Annual H.S.C. Examination are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The applications in CAFAS are considered on the basis of merit only.
- The rates of scholarship per month are
- Day Scholars Boarders
- Rs. 50.00 at +2 stage. Rs. 75/- PM
- Rs. 75.00 at +3 Degree. Rs. 100/- PM
5. Senior Merit- Cum - Poverty Scholarship (SP) :
- Students should have passed +2 Exam conducted by CHSE, Odisha securing 50% or more marks and have taken admission in +3 Ist yr. in a Govt./ recognized Non-Govt. College of the State. It is awarded for a period of 3 years. Parents annual income should not exceed Rs.24,000. The value of scholarship is Rs. 50 per month.
6. Stipends to the Children of Freedom Fighters :
- These stipends are awarded to deserving students who are the children of Freedom Fighter.
- Prescribed forms for the scholarship are available in the office of the D.H.E., Odisha. The applications are to be made through the Principal of the respective college. The application forms should be accompanied by :
- Attested copy of the mark sheet of qualifying examination.
- Certificate in support of the parent's income
- Certificate regarding receipt of such stipends previously.
- Pension payment order (with number and date) of the parents.
- Applications are to be made after the publication of results of the Annual H.S.C., +2 Arts, Sc.& Commerce and +3 Degree and other equivalent examinations. Such students are awarded stipend of Rs. 30.00 at post-matric stage.
7. Educational Concession of the Children of Army personnel in Active Service:
- The concession is given to the children and dependants of Army Personnel who are in active service. The exemption is in respect of tuition fee.
8. Educational Concession to the Children of the Department of ex- Service Defence Personnel :
- The concession by way of Book grant is awarded to the children of Ex-service men.The father of the students should apply to the institutions concerned enclosing a certificate from the District Soldiers, Sailors And Airmen's Board or the Local District Magistrate that they are ex-service men. The value of scholarship is as follows.
- At the +2 stage Rs. 40 per annum
- At the +3 Degree Stage Rs. 50 per annum} Book grant
9. Scholarship for Orthopaedically Handicapped :
- This scholarship is awarded to orthopaedically handicapped students who have passed the Annual H.S.C. Examination or the Annual Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination. The applicant has to submit necessary certificate from the Chief Medical Officer of his/ her District. The application will be forwarded to the D.S.W.O of the District concerned for award of the same value of the scholarship.
10. Government of India Hindi Scholarship :
- Students of Non-Hindi speaking states taking Hindi as one of their subjects are awarded this scholarship on the results of H.S.C./+2 examination.
- The value of scholarship is as follows :
- At the +2 stage Rs. 300 per month.
- At the +3 Degree stage This is also awarded.
- This scheme is implemented though the State Government
11. Scholarship for Sanskrit Subject:
- Students of +2 Ist year Arts class with Sanskrit as a subject can apply for award of Scholarship only for +2 stage at the rate of Rs. 125/- per month. Students of +3 Pass/Hons with Sanskrit as a subject of at least 100 marks and have passed +2 with minimum 60% marks in the aggregate & also in Sanskrit can apply for award of scholarship at the rate of 400 PM.
12. Post-Matric Scholarship for Students belonging to the Minority Communities :
- Students belonging to minority communities, such as Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists and Zoroastrians (Parsis) who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents /guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2 lakh. 30% scholarships will be earmarked for girl students.
13. Post Matric Scholarship to SC/ST/OBC/SEBC Students :
- Students belonging to SC, ST & OBC/SEBC are eligible for Prerana Post- Matric scholarship. The DWO of the concerned district is declared as sanctioning authority in respect of SC/ST applicants. But there will be capping of sanction of PMS of OBC/SEBC students for each district on the basis of BPL population and allotment of funds by the Govt. of India.
14. Assistance from the Samaj Relief Fund :
- Students belonging to +2 or +3 Stream, on the basis of merit-cum- poverty, can apply to the Samaj Relief Fund, for Financial assistance for the purpose of study.
15. Scholarship to the Children of Beedi and Mine Workers :
- Students of both +2 & +3 streams who are the children of the Beedi and Mines workers can apply to the Ministry of the welfare and Cess commissioner for award of scholarship.
A) FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO THE STUDENTS :
- There are two types of financial assistance available to the students of the College, namely free-studentship and financial assistance from Social Service Guild.
- Free studentship to the extent of 12.5% of the total strength of the students on the rolls excluding S.C, S.T and girls students are given either in the form of exemption from payment of full or half tuition fees.
- The Principal invites application from students for both free studentship and S.S.G. assistance usually in the month of August. Applicants may be required to appear at an interview for the purpose. Merit and poverty are the criteria for the award of free-studentship.Financial assistance is also available from Student Aid Fund (SAF).
B) PRIZES :
1. N.C. Das Memorial Cup :
- It is donated by N. C. Das Memorial Committee. It is an award to the best team in an Inter College English Debate Competition in memory of Late Nimai Charan Das, one of the founding fathers of the college, who was the first Secretary of the college, after his retirement from the Post and Telegraphs Dept. as Senior Deputy Director General.
2. Dr. Damodar Mishra Memorial Cup :
- It is donated by Sri Gajendranath Acharya, former Principal of this college. It is awarded to the best team in an Inter College Oriya Debate Competition in memory of his most revered teacher Late Damodar Mishra one of the foremost educationists of his time who on his retirement joined this College as the Principal.
3. Jadumani Mangaraj Memorial Cup :
- It is donated by Jadumani Mangaraj Memorial Committee. The Cup is awarded to the best debator of the College in memory of Late Jadumani Mangaraj, who was a patriot freedom fighter, an eloquent speaker and an able legislator of the State.
4. Khan Abdul Latif Khan Memorial Cup :
- The Cup is donated by Rouf Khan in memory of his Late lamented father who was one of the benevolent Zamindars of the State patronising cultural institutions. The cup is awarded annually to the Athletic Champion (Men) of every year.
5. Akshaya Kumar Chakravarty Memorial Shield :
- The Shield is donated by Sri Biswaranjan Ghosal in memory of his grand father Late Akshaya Kumar Chakravarty educationist, a social worker of the locality, who first dreamt of a college in Kendrapara Subdivision. The Cup is awarded annually to the best Athlete of the College.
6. Binita Devi Memorial Running Cup :
- It is donated by Late Brahmananda Das, former Reader in Oriya of this college in memory of his late wife Binita Devi, a teacher and a social worker, who dedicated herself to the cause of the emancipation of women. The cup is awarded annually to the best lady debator of the College.
7. Pandit Umanath Mishra Memorial Running Cup :
- The cup is donated by Late Deepak Mishra, former Reader in History of this college, in memory of his late grand father Pandit Umanath Mishra, who was an eminent scholar and who dedicated himself to the cause of Sanskrit learning in Kendrapara. The cup is awarded annually to the best Sanskrit Honours graduate of the college.
8. P. Rama Murty Memorial Running Cup :
- It is donated by Dr. P. G. Rama Rao, former Reader in English oThe cup is awarded annually to the best English Hons. Graduate of the College.f this college and the Utkal University, in memory of his father Late P. Rama Murty.
9. Dr. Satya Ranjan Memorial Running Cup :
- The cup is donated by Sri S. Bera. former Lecturer in Commerce in memory of his father Late Dr. Satya Ranjan Bera, who was a genius doctor of his time. The cup is awarded to the athlete coming first in the cross country race at the Annual Athletic Meet every year
10. Maheswar Das Memorial Running Cup :
The cup is donated by Dr. Purna Chandra Das of village: Sahada, Post: Bhadrak, Dist: Bhadrak in memory of his late lamented father Maheswar Das who was a Social worker and freedom fighter. It is awarded annually to the Athletic Champion (Women ) of the college.
11. Aktar Adil Khan Memorial Running Cup :
- A Running Cup and a cash prize of Rs. 100/- is donated by Chemistry Department, Kendrapara College, which is awarded to the best Chemistry Hons. Graduate of each academic year in memory of Late A. A. Khan, the former Head of Chemistry Deptt. and Principal of Kendrapara College.
C) ENDOWMENT AWARDS :
1. Radha Kanta Memorial Endowment :
- It is created by a grant of Rs. 1000/- given by Dr. Saroj Kanta Kanungo, one of the founding fathers of the college, a former member of the Governing Body. Ex - M.L.A. and a leading physician of the locality in memory of his father, Late Radhakanta Kanungo. The interest proceed of the sum is awarded annually to the best Science Graduate of the College. The Endowment is instituted at the initiative of the Old Students' Association of this College.
2. Suryamani Mohanty Memorial Endowment :
- It is created by a grant of Rs. 1000/- given by Sri B.P. Mohanty, a leading advocate,ex-minister of Odisha Cabinet and a social worker in memory of his father late Suryamani Mohanty. The interest proceeds of the sum is awarded to the best Arts Graduate of the college for the year. The Endowment is instituted at the initiative of the Old Students' Association of this College.
3. Sudha Krushna Tripathy Memorial Endowment.
- It is created by a grant of Rs. 2,000/- given by Sarojini Tripathy wife of G. N. Tripathy, Vill. Gahaga, P.O. G. N. Pur, Via Danpur, Dist. Kendrapara in memory of her Late father-in-law. The interest proceed of the sum is awarded annually to the student securing highest mark in Sanskrit at +3 stage.
4. Gangadhar Rath Foundation award :
- This award is created by a grant of Rs. 5,000/- given by Gangadhar Rath Foundation, Cuttack. The interest proceed of the sum is awarded annually to the student securing highest marks in Oriya literature in +3 Hons. stage.
5. Brundabati Dhir Memorial Endowment award :
- This award is instituted by Dr. Rama Chandra Dhir, Dept. Of Education of this college in memory of his mother Late Smt. Brundabati Dhir, a Social worker. The grant of Rs. 2000/- has been deposited & the interest proceed of the sum is awarded annually to the best graduate in Eduction Hons. of the college.
6. Prof. Narayan Prasad Bahalia Memorial award :
- Prof. N. P. Bahalia memorial award is instituted by the members on the staff of, Sociology Dept. of this College in memory of their beloved teacher Late N. P. Bahalia, the founding father of Sociology in Orissa. This Award is annually awarded to the best graduate in Sociology Hons.
7. Madhusudan Baral Memorial Cup :
- This award is instituted by Sri K. C. Baral, Reader in History of this college in memory of his father Late Madusudan Baral. The memorial cup is annually awarded to the student securing highest marks in History Honours.
8. Dr. Balaram Tripathy Memorial Endowment :
- This memorial award is created by a grant of Rs. 3000/- given by Mrs. Smita Tripathy, wife of Late Dr. Balaram Tripathy in memory of her husband who was a member of teaching staff of Kendrapara College in the Dept. of Commerce. The interest proceeds of the sum deposited is awarded every year to the Best Commerce (Hons.) Graduate of this College.
9. N.C. Das Memorial Award:
- This award is given to the student securing highest marks in Physics Hons the Final Degree Examination.
10. Nayan Kishore Mohanty Memorial Award:
- This award is instituted by Prof. (Mrs.) Pramoda Mohapatra in memory of her late Father-in law. This is awarded to the student securing highest marks in Statistics Hons. in the Degree Arts/Science examination.
11. Anand Award in Degree Arts/ Science Exam.
- This award is instituted by Dr. (Ms) Bishnupriya Mohanty retired reader in Zoology. This is given to the student securing highest marks in Zoology Hons in the Final Degree Examination.
12. Purusottam Memorial Award :
- This award is instituted by Maj. P.K. Otta, Former Reader & Head, Dept. of Chemistry in memory of his late father. This is awarded every year to the student securing highest marks in Chemistry Honours.