There will be Semester system of Examination for Degree students as per the guidelines of UGC and Utkal University in letter No. CDC20/45873/06 Dated 31.07.2006.
Internal Assessment Examination
- Two Internal Assessment examinations will be conducted for each paper.
- Four examinations will be held in an Academic Session as per the Academic Calendar.
- Duration of examination will be of one hour.
- Absence in an examination will mean zero marks scored.
- There will be no provision for back appearance. Students attending state/ national level NCC, Sports, academic and cultural events will not be given another chance to appear at special examination.
- Semester examinations will be held as per the Academic Calendar :
- The duration of examinations will be as follows :
- Theory paper with maximum marks of 80/60 = 3 hours
- Theory paper with maximum marks of 40 = 2 hours
- Practical paper with maximum marks of 20 = 3 hours
- Practical paper with maximum marks of 40 = 6 hours
- A candidate will have to enroll for each semester examination.
- A candidate enrolled for examination, if fails to appear fully/partially at a semester examination, will appear back at the corresponding examination in the next session.
- A candidate securing less than 45% in an Honours paper and less than 30% in a Pass/Elective/Compulsory paper will be eligible to appear at back examination.
- A candidate, if does not enroll for/appear at both the semester examinations of a session, will have to be readmitted into the same class.
- Two sets of questions for each theory paper for each semester will be invited from external question setters.
- Theory answer papers will be evaluated exclusively by external examiners but Practical answer papers will be evaluated by both external and internal examiners.
- Coding and tabulation will be done internally.
- The division and distinction will be awarded on the basis of the following :
- First Class Honours With Distinction : Minimum 60% in Hons (Aggregate) & minimum 30% in each subject and 50% in aggregate in subjects other than Hons.
- First Class Honours : Minimum 60% in Hons (Aggregate) & minimum 30% in each subject & 36% in aggregate in subjects other than Hons.
- Second Class Honours with Distinction : Minimum 45% but less than 60% in Hons (Aggregate) & minimum 30% in each subject and 50% in aggregate in subjects other than Hons.
- Second Class Honours : 45% in Hons (Aggregate) & minimum 30% in each subject & 36% in aggregate in subjects other than Hons.
- Back appearance in any of the subjects other than Honours will disqualify for award of Distinction.
- The malpractice committee comprising five faculty members including one Deputy Controller of Examinations will look into the reported cases of malpractice.
- The decision of the committee is final and binding.
- The review committee will comprise the Vice-Principal, Controller of Examinations and Head of the concerned Department.
- The committee will look into the following matters;
- Readdition of answer scripts
- Revaluation of answer scripts
- Supply of Xerox copy of answer scripts
- Readdition of answer scripts will be done by a Dy. Controller on receipt of readdition fee of Rs. 100.00 per paper and it will be verified by any member of review committee.
- An answer script will be revalued only after getting an instruction from the court of law in favour of the complainant.
- A Xerox copy of an answer script will be provided to the complainant only after getting an instruction from the court of law in favour of him/her and after depositing a fee amounting Rs. 300.00 per answer script.
- All the matters will be routed through the review committee.
Publication of Results
- The results of each semester examination will normally be published within 45 days of completion of the theory & practical papers.
- The final results will be published after completion of the final semester examination and after it is approved by Utkal University.