The College Library has been named Dinabandhu Sahu Memorial Library, after, the founder President of this college Late Dinabandhu Sahu.
The Library is open from 10.30 A.M. to 4.30 P.M. on all working days and remains closed on Sunday and other public holidays.
There are nearly 60,784 books and 1205 reference books in the library on different subjects. There is a lending library (Book Bank with 10,000 books) which lends text books to the students.
Students willing to borrow books from the Book Bank are to deposit one sixth of its total cost in case of +2 stream and one fifth in case of +3 stream.
- There is a reading room for the students with one hundred seats. It is open from 10.30 A.M. to 5 P.M. on all working days with a lunch break of half an hour from 2 PM to 2.30 P.M. There is a separate section for periodicals. The library subscribes to the following daily News papers.
- The Indian Express.
- The Statesman
- The Times of India
- The Samaj
- The Prajatantra
- The Pragatibadi
- The Samaya
- The Dharitri
- The Sambad
It has preserved The Statesman and The Samaj from the year 1969.
The special feature of the college library is the Indian Culture Section where books are kept on all religions and cultures.
Some Hons. Departments have their departmental libraries for their Hons. Students.
Library Rules :
Class of Borrowers Maximum No. of Time allowed
Books allowed (Maximum)
- Principal, Readers, Senior Lecturers 25 books (including books of
& Lecturers, the other subjects temporarily) 3 months
& Asst. Librarians 10 books each. One month
- Laboratory Assistant 7 books One month
- Store Keepers & Clerical Staff 5 books One month
- Menial Staff 2 books 15 days
- +3 Arts, Sc. Com. (Hons.) Students 4 books 15 days
- +3 Arts, Sc.Com. (Pass) Students 2 books 7days
- +2 Students 1 book 7 days
- When the date of return of a book falls due on an authorised holiday, it should be returned to the library on the day the college opens after the holiday.
- All books belonging to the library and in the possession of borrowers should be returned to the library before the college closes for summer vacation on or before the date notified for the purpose
- Books borrowed from the library should be returned immediately on receipt of a notice from the library authorities.
- Books taken out of the library must be returned to the counter assistants and nobody else.
- No marginal or other notes shall be made in the library books nor shall any pictures are removed or torn or otherwise disfigured. In such cases, the borrower may be asked to replace the copy damaged by him/her. If replacement is not possible, he/she will have to pay four times the cost of the book.
- The caution money deposited at the time of admission is retained by the institution for the development of the library.
- All those who may happen to be inside the library or in its neighbourhood are expected to observe strict silence. All conversation except what is absolutely necessary for the transaction of library business, is forbidden inside the library.
- The library premises should not be used for any purpose other than reading or consulting the books and periodicals of the library.
- Spitting, Smoking, Sleeping inside the library and placing legs on the furniture are strictly forbidden.
- A book once issued to a borrower may be reissued to him/her only when nobody else wants to take the book.
- Books of reference, maps, calendars, courses of studies, questionnaires, university documents and rare books shall not be issued for use outside the library.
- Members of the teaching staff and other employees of the college may take books from the library on signing the loan register. Students must take books on cards which will be given to them after they are admitted to the college.
- In case of those students who do not return library books within the time allowed,a fine of 50 paise per day per book will be charged for each day of delay upto a maximum period of one month. Suitable action will be taken against them after one month.
- Application for reduction or condonation of fines will not be entertained.
- For use in the reading room, only one book at a time may be issued to every student on a call slip.
- Every student has to pay a fee of Rs. 20.00 only annually for maintenance of reading room at the time of admission.
- No student will be allowed to keep library books with him/her during the Summer Vacation.
Fees to be Collected :
- Library Card Fee Rs.10.00
- If a student loses his/her library card another duplicate library card will be issued to him/her on payment of Rs.15.00.
- All the books should be returned before the stock verification of the library.
- If a copy of the series is lost, the borrower shall have to replace the copy or he/she shall have to pay the cost of the entire series at the market price.
- If the periodical is lost the borrower has to replace the copy.
No student can enter into the reading room unless he/she submits the identity card.
Periodicals of general interest can be issued after 4 P.M. to the members on the staff for overnight study to be returned by 10 A.M. the next day. Latest issues of the periodicals shall not be taken out of the library. Periodicals relating to specific subject and having importance from the research point of view will not be issued out of the library. Back issues and bound volumes of the periodicals shall not be issued for use outside the library.
- Members of the staff borrowing books on subject other than their own shall have to obtain permission from the Principal. Such books can be borrowed for a period of 15 days only. Books relating to Indian Culture, Oriya fiction, English fiction, Life History and Inter-departmental discipline will be issued as usual for 15 days only.